Thursday, 23 March 2017

Reset Your BEARS4U Settings

Hello and a Belated  Beary Happy New Year
Hope this finds everyone Beary well...
First please reset your settings for my BLOG:
https://mybears4u.blogspot.com 

How to know whether to trust a website in Microsoft Edge

If you see a lock button next to a website's address in Microsoft Edge, it means:
  • What you send and receive from the website is encrypted, which makes it difficult for anyone else to get to this info.
  • The website is verified, which means the company running the site has a certificate proving they own it. Click the lock button to see who owns the site and who verified it. 
  • While a gray lock means that the website is encrypted and verified, a green lock means that Microsoft Edge considers the website more likely to be authentic. That's because it's using an Extended Validation (EV) certificate, which requires a more rigorous identity verification process.
Help from Microsoft
Happy BEARY  Spring 2017


I Have been busy with Fur creations and new designs.
Have a little note I would like to share...
First off...
I have noticed is that my free Teddy Bear PATTERN has been spread all around the world on Pinterest!
While I was on Pinterest, I did notice the thousands of patterns and pictures up for grabs...BUT
I am totally shocked that copyrighted (eg; VOGUE< SIMPLICITY< McCall's) design's that persons have claimed as theirs, are out there!
I have been sewing for over 40 years.
 I do host a very extensive collection of vintage patterns, from as early as the 1930's.  
One of my largest collections is stuffed animals and dolls.
All are in mint shape as I prefer to trace the patterns rather than cut the tissue paper. This way I can always go back to redo it, if a copied piece is lost in the shuffle.

 Thank you,  I guess...
One of the hardest things in creating
is when someone takes your design's and claims it to be there own.
I stopped doing a Huge Well known Teddy Bear Show!
Do to the fact that A So called designer and Artist claimed,
she had made and designed the items for sale in her booth!
When in fact it was my dear friend "Angela Last" now deceased,
who actually did them in return for a booth at the show.
Anyways.." Be proud of who you are and what you have created!"



 would be real  nice, to see some finished bears.  From other Teddy Bear Artist created from my "FREE" pattern, Shown ABOVE.
I created my mini series of FAIRY BEARS from this pattern



Along with the designing and creation of their wings.
SEW if your out there, and used my "FREE" pattern, send me a picture of yours, please...
I would love to do a special blog, about the bears and their artist,  and where they all come from?
It's just a thought anyways...




My favorite thing in creating Teddy Bears and Critters.
 Is the designing of my very own Patterns.

Miss Alexandra ,
SOLD (Went to a private Collector)
This  was just one of the  Three bears I created for a competition
 "OKTO-Bearfest , which was hosted by Chris & Karen from: Disco Joints.


For the last 29 years, I am proud to say, " I have created and designed my own patterns, along with their clothing. Most of all the creating of my "WEE FOLK DOLLS" Santa's Lil' Helpers
They are a limited Edition OOAK and I only create a few a year!
HAND CRAFTED AND CANADIAN MADE... BEARS4U. 

Things have definitely changed over the years, in Bear making and selling,
find out more Teddy Bear news and Interesting information from
BEARS AND BUDS

I am proud to say I am still creating and designing my own creations.
Although I do not do the many Festivals and Teddy Bear Shows I use to do
I am still showing my creations on-line and  at the:
Annual THOROLD CHRISTMAS SHOW!
in support of the Thorold Secondary High School
LIKE My  BEARS4U on Facebook
Picture above taken by: SNAP Saint Catherines

and for those of you interested in 1700 ~ 1900 Period clothing.
Even my Steampunk Design's,
you can find my works there also, under my page:" Sheaffe Designer"






Contact me too create a "MEMORY BEAR" or Critter,
 from a piece of clothing from a Lost loved one.





No comments: